Ever wonder what all goes into making a good location?
It’s usually a combination of many things. The more of these you have, the more appealing it is:
- Proximity to amenities like shopping/entertainment/dining.
- Easy access to work (Think New Circle, Interstate, airport, etc.)
- Good school district. Even for people who don’t have kids in school, this is important because realtors have convinced everybody it is good for “Resale Value.”
- An absence of major negative things like road noise, smoke stacks, crime, or something smelly like a landfill.
Very few neighborhoods have all of these. The ones that do have always sold quickly and for top dollar. They appreciate the fastest in a hot market and depreciate the least in a bad market.
Want to know a few like this?
- Chilesburg-It’s got the top rated schools in the area, two of which are within walking distance. You can get to two interstate exits easily. If you want to go to Hamburg, its an easy drive down Todds Road. If you don’t want Hamburg, go out the Richmond Road side.
- Willow Bend-This area has really shot up in value this year. It’s got some of the best schools on the south end of town, is close to Fayette Mall, Brannon Crossing and The Summit. Shillito Park is close and it is right off of Man O War.
- Beaumont Enclave-This neighborhood has always been popular, mainly because it is the cheapest way to get into the Rosa Parks Elementary/Beaumont Middle/Dumbar High district. It is a $200-300k neighborhood surrounded by $500k and up houses. That helps too. Besides one of the most desirable school districts in town, you have everything Beaumont has too offer, plus a city park and a library. It is right between New Circle and Man O War, making it easy to get in or out. It is also a short drive to the airport for traveling executives.
I normally encourage my buyers to pick a neighborhood with as many of these location features as possible since we don’t know what the market will be like when they need to sell. The first rule in real estate is ALWAYS have an exit plan.