One of my favorite things about getting a new listing is writing the marketing remarks.
My sellers often ask me what I am going to say about their house. I tell them I don’t know yet. What I like to do is sit down with a cup of coffee and look through all the pictures until something pops in my mind.
I like to use the words in the remarks to tell a buyer what they can’t see in pictures. I also like to say something that will be memorable. I know I’ve done a good job when all my realtor friends will text or call me saying how much they enjoyed reading them.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- “Get out your MUST HAVE list and let’s compare. Do you have these items on it: 1/4 acre level lot that is fully fenced & private? Hardwood floors? Replacement windows? A nicely updated bath? Stainless appliances? Fireplace? Good so far???? Come see it in person. Don’t just peek through the windows. You will love the shape and vibe of this house. The location is amazing.”
2. “DO THE OTHER HOUSES you are looking at have a wooded area & a lake behind them? Didn’t think so. Besides the wooded+water view, this house has numerous unique features: *HUGE finished room in the basement plus a full bath down there. *HUGE storage room in the basement that walks out to driveway. *End of Cul-de-Sac with nothing but Mother Nature behind you. Come check it out!”
3. “Like Top 5 lists? The first 5 pictures tell you everything you need to know about what makes this house sooooo special. The rest are there just to make you drool 😉 Classical Character meets a whole house high end reno here….yeah, you CAN have it all, IF somebody else doesn’t beat you to it.”
4. “Old. New. Modern. Distressed. Pinterest. IKEA. Style. Functional. Character. Unique. Amazing. These are all words to describe what the seller’s affectionately call their Frankenhouse. While you will be amazed at all the detail they have put into this house to make it look so cool, I want you to be sure to notice that you have 3 full bathrooms, an open concept eat in kitchen/family room, a large fully fenced backyard with two decks, a shed and a root cellar. Oh, and the HVAC was all replaced two years ago and the roof is 10 years old….so what you have here is the unique old house you have fantasied about WITHOUT the reality of all the expenses typical to an older house. They have got it all ready for the next caretaker. Could it be you?”
5. “If this house could talk, it would say: I’m a Mid-Century charmer in a fantastic neighborhood. I’ve got lots of hardwood floors, more than one bathroom, and have had updates but still kept my original character. Some people judge me because I back to a shopping center, but you can’t really tell since my large and level backyard has sooooo many mature trees. I mean, just look at the pictures? You have to look really close to even notice. My last people that lived here liked not having another house right behind them. They said there wasn’t any noise and it sure beat seeing a neighbor or hearing a barking dog…………..Since this humble houses doesn’t like to brag, you should know that it is in the Beaumont Middle and Dunbar High School districts.”
6. “Jessica & Duane looked at many house before picking this one…..and if you’ll take a look at the pictures you’ll see why! For starters, this simply has to be the BEST lot in the whole neighborhood. The house is at the end of a cul-de-sac that is in the very corner of the neighborhood and backs to FARMLAND…..has a bunch of space between the houses too. Step inside, and you will notice that this house feels much more expensive than it is. Sure, it has the open floor plan, fireplace, upgraded laminate floors, separate tub/shower & tall ceilings that everybody wants, but look close and you’ll notice things like an office nook, crown molding just about everywhere, beadboard on the back of the kitchen island, a multi-level deck, cabinets in the laundry area, some floored storage space in the attic, a coated garage floor……well, you get the drift here. Come see it for yourself, but open your eyes so you don’t miss the other cool details of this home!”
7. “I honestly am challenged to describe this place in less than the 1000 characters I have. I mean, the setting is fantastic. You are on top of a ridge, but don’t have to drive up a steep road nor driveway to get here. Fantastic views & very private. Then there is the house. It has been totally remodeled with attention to design, detail and character. Look at the pictures? This place could be in a magazine!! When you come see this place, walk around it several times to take it all in. Want to be a farmer? A vineyard, orchard trees, chicken house, pond & barn are ready for you. 30 minutes to Lexington & 10 minutes to Nicholasville-can it be any more ideal?? (there is more but I am running out of room.)”
8. “I don’t often have 61 pictures of a house……but then again, there aren’t many houses like this!! Some thoughts that popped into my head as I toured it today were: Craftsmanship, attention to detail, LOTS of crown molding & trim work, farmhouse sink, awesome cooktop hood, lots of hardwood, wrap around porch, custom built, elegant while being inviting, the best breakfast room I have EVER seen, natural light, I can’t believe it has a great room AND an upstairs family lounge AND a basement family room, Pottery Barn, Southern Living, STORAGE, an unfinished room in the basement that would be a perfect Theater Room. Then as I left, I noticed it is across from dedicated Green space. Before you check out those 61 pictures, let me point out a few other things: The main level bedroom is being used as an office. It works great either way. The basement bedroom has French doors & could be anything you want….Lots to love. Worth a visit!!”
9. “4 ooooh 5 ooooh 2.The best zip code in all of Lexington….and this house is in THE most awesome location with access to The Lansdowne Shoppes, The Signature Club, Chevy Chase, Downtown, UK, The Arboretum, Southland Drive, Fayette Mall and The Summit. Map it. This place is right in the middle of all that. You also get mature trees and are in the Glendover Elementary/Morton Middle/Henry Clay High district. But what about this house? Well, to begin with it sits on nearly a 1/3 acre corner lot that offers a very private backyard. It’s got hardwood, tile and a nice mix of updating and all the original charm that you want in a mid century home. My favorite thing about this place is the floor plan. All the rooms are big and bright and flow well. The kitchen is open to the family room just like in a newer house. When you come check it out, be sure to spend a few minutes sitting at the kitchen island. It’s a great gathering space.”
10. “Let’s call this the TRIFECTA house: You get greenspace, a water view and move in ready condition. You also get a lot of natural light, an open floor plan, a walking trail, are close to Hamburg as well as two of Lexington’s newest schools, Garrett Morgan Elementary and Frederick Douglass High. A little extra icing on an already good cake is that there is more space than usual between you and one of your neighbors, the driveway is flat and it is going to be the cleanest most move in ready house you have ever seen. (Even the lawn is in immaculate shape!!)”